Spice up your university life and be part of a great journey – join the Executive Team of the ever-growing UTS Women in Business student society. Behind every great student society, a great team of Executives is necessary!
SO WHAT IS UTS WIB?
Women in Business is a student society located at the University of Technology Sydney. Underpinned by the desire of empowering a dynamic community of inspired and entrepreneurial women, we provide opportunities, business exposure and professional experiences.
Through our collective student efforts, we aim for the creation and facilitation of a positive and rewarding environment where male and female students acquire knowledge about gender equality in the workplace and subsequently develop a passion in the support of gender equal in everyday life. Ultimately, we want to equip and empower women with the confidence to achieve personal goals in their professional and personal life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Determined and hardworking individuals
- Shares the same vision of what WiB stands for
- Interested in long-term contribution to the society
- Down-to-earth personality and ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to attend the majority of WiB’s events over the year
- Skilled in any of the following: event planning, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, content creation, social media accounts’ maintenance (it is not compulsory but recommended)
- Ability and willingness to commit a minimum of two hours per week to the society when required (often fluctuates; from non-commitment to full commitment weeks)
- Improve your teamwork skills
- Gain a backstage insight into how student-societies are run
- Meet a bunch of likeminded individuals
- Networking across the university student representative body
- Opportunity to join the Executive team
- Add personality to your resume
- Executive and subcommittee invitations to exclusive campus events
– Vice President
– Events Director
– Sponsorship Director
– Marketing Director
– Engagement Director
You must be an existing WIB member to nominate for a position. If not please sign-up at www.wibatuts.com
We welcome applicants from all genders, backgrounds, area of study, specialities … you name it.
The formal process consists of:
- Online application process and screening
- AGM Speech and Voting
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Please respond back to the email with your latest resume. Failure to respond means immediate disqualification of your application.
Applications will close Saturday, October 6 2018 at 11:59PM
Note: to apply you must be a current member of WiB.
You may sign-up for the purpose of applying.
Successful applicants will be notified on a rolling basis to schedule an interview process with the current Executive team, so you are advised to submit your application as soon as you can. We reserve the right to close the application process for certain position(s) earlier than the advertised date if the position has been successfully filled.
A successful interview candidate will be referred to our Annual General Meeting where you will receive a chance to deliver a short two-minute speech at our 2018 AGM (the week commencing on Monday, October 15th with the exact date to be announced) which traditionally covers an individual’s personal experience with proposed actions and strategies to implement for WIB. Subsequently, a voting with all the attending members will take place. All members of WIB are welcome to attend the meeting in order to vote.