Spice up your university life and be part of a great journey – join the Subcommittee of the ever-growing UTS Women in Business student society. Behind every great student society, a great team of Executives is necessary but more importantly; behind a great team of Executives is a great team of Subcommittee.
So what is UTS WiB?
Women in Business is a student society located at the University of Technology Sydney. Underpinned by the desire of empowering a dynamic community of inspired and entrepreneurial women, we provide opportunities, business exposure and professional experiences.
Through our collective student efforts, we aim for the creation and facilitation of a positive and rewarding environment where male and female students acquire knowledge about gender equality in the workplace and subsequently develop a passion in the support of gender equality in everyday life. Ultimately, we want to equip and empower women with the confidence to achieve personal goals in their professional and personal life.
The subcommittee team’s primary responsibility is extending help and working alongside the executives in a whole range of area, from event planning to content creation. Whilst an opportunity is given for subcommittee members to essentially select and ‘shadow’ a particular executive, to begin with, the role is essentially rotational. However, subcommittee members are also given the chance to cross-collaborate when requested by other Executives.
Being a subcommittee member is a great way to become involved in the society, especially for first years. The exposure to different tasks and first-hand exposure to the inner workings of the society means greater confidence and persuasion if you ever do decide to run for an executive position one day.
What we are looking for:
- Determined and hardworking individuals
- Shares the same vision of what WiB stands for
- Interested in long-term contribution to the society
- Down-to-earth personality and ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to attend the majority of WiB’s events over the year
- Skilled in any of the following: event planning, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, content creation, social media accounts’ maintenance (it is not compulsory but recommended)
- Ability and willingness to commit a minimum of two hours per week to the society when required (often fluctuates; from non-commitment to full commitment weeks)
- Improve your teamwork skills
- Gain a backstage insight into how student-societies are run
- Meet a bunch of likeminded individuals
- Networking across the university student representative body
- Opportunity to join the Executive team
- Add personality to your resume
- Executive and subcommittee invitations to exclusive campus events
Applications will be judged on a rolling basis, so submit your interest forward now. Once we believe we have the right candidates, we reserve the right to close the applications ahead of scheduled date.
Interested applicants will be asked to identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately, shortlisted members may be asked to attend an interview on Friday morning, March 9th from at the UTS Library. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Thursday midday, March 8th.
We welcome applicants from all genders, backgrounds, area of study, specialities, suburbs… you name it.
Apply below now!
Applications close at MIDNIGHT on Wednesday, March 7th!
Note: to apply you must be a current member of WiB.
You may sign-up for the purpose of applying.