Spice up your university life and be part of a great journey – join the Subcommittee of the ever-growing UTS Women in Business student society. Behind every great student society, a great team of Executives is necessary!
So what is UTS WiB?
Women in Business is a student society located at the University of Technology Sydney. Underpinned by the desire of empowering a dynamic community of inspired and entrepreneurial women, we provide opportunities, business exposure and professional experiences.
Through our collective student efforts, we aim for the creation and facilitation of a positive and rewarding environment where male and female students acquire knowledge about gender equality in the workplace and subsequently develop a passion in the support of gender equal in everyday life. Ultimately, we want to equip and empower women with the confidence to achieve personal goals in their professional and personal life.
Are you interested in joining the WiB Executive and Subcommitee team but would like to know more information before you submit your application and committ to it? We have just the event for you.
Join us on WEDNESDAY, October 4th from 6:30PM onwards on an event dedicated to meeting the current Executive and Subcommittee team! They will be running from their roles and responsibilities as well as the necessary skills to help you ace the role you have in mind! It will be followed by a laid-back social and chit-chat event with food and drinks on us!
More information coming.
Stay tuned on the UTS WiB Facebook page!!
What we are looking for
• Determined and hardworking individuals
• Shares the same vision of what WiB stands for
• Interested in long-term contribution to the society
• Down-to-earth personality and ability to work in a team environment
• Willing to attend the majority of WiB’s events over the year
• Skilled in any of the following: event planning, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, content creation, social media accounts’ maintenance (it is not compulsory but recommended)
• Ability and willingness to commit a minimum of two hours per week to the society when required (often fluctuates; from non-commitment to full commitment weeks)
• Improve your teamwork skills
• Gain a backstage insight into how student-societies are run
• Meet a bunch of likeminded individuals
• Networking across the university student representative body
• Opportunity to join the Executive team
• Add personality to your resume
• Executive and subcommittee invitations to exclusive campus events
– Vice President
– Events Director
– Sponsorship Director
– Marketing Director
– Engagement Director
You must be an existing WIB member to nominate for a position. If not please sign-up at http://www.utswib.tk
We welcome applicants from all genders, backgrounds, area of study, specialities … you name it.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. You may be asked to send in your resume.
Applications will close OCTOBER 11 2017 at 11:59PM
Note: to apply you must be a current member of WiB.
You may sign-up for the purpose of applying.
Every applicant will receive a chance to deliver a short two-minute speech at our 2017 AGM (Friday, October 13th at 5:30pm) which traditionally covers an individual’s personal experience with proposed actions and strategies to implement for WIB. Subsequently, a voting with all the attending members will take place. All members of WIB are welcome to attend the meeting in order to vote.