Do you want the chance to truly diversify your resume? Take part in the Carousell hackathon!
Women in Business have teamed up with Carousell to nominate seven lucky members for the chance to take part in the ultimate one-day hackathon. Hosted at Tank Stream Labs, the largest co-working space in Australia, nominated students will work on a case competition judged by Carousell’s Australian Country Lead and other managers of some of the biggest startup businesses in Australia.
Carousell is an innovative new application designed to solve the problem of cluttered lifestyles. They provide a simple, fuss-free way to declutter lives and help find your unwanted items new homes. Snap, list, sell!
- Exclusive tour of Tank Stream Labs
- Exposure to startup Australian businesses
- Networking experiences with other like-minded students
- One winner will win an internship with Carousell
- WiB members will need to apply via our website using the below form
- You must have a Carousell account for the registration of this Hackathon
- Applications will close on Wednesday September 6th
- Successful applicants will be notified on Friday September 8th
- 10am: Students Check-In
- 10:15 – 10:30am: Introduction and Welcome from the Society
- 10:30 – 11am: Tour of Tank Stream Labs
- 11-11:30am: About Carousell & Company Challenge Presentation
- 11:40-12pm: Company Challenge Q&A
- 12-1pm: Lunch break
- 1-4pm: Students work on the company challenge
- 4-5:30pm: Company Challenge Presentations
- Each group will be given 6 minutes to pitch
- Followed by a 5 minute Q&A
- Short break for panel to finalise results
- Feedback and results of winning group
- 5:30pm – Conclusion from Society
You must be a current UTS Women in Business member and a Carousell user to join this Hackathon. To register for a Carousell account, click here.
Once we have received your registration, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Successful applicants will be notified on Friday, September 8th 2017.
Fill out the form below to register for the most exciting event of the year!