So what is WiB?
Women in Business is a student society located at the University of Technology Sydney. Underpinned by the desire of empowering a dynamic community of inspired and entrepreneurial women, we provide opportunities, business exposure and professional experiences.
Through our collective student efforts, we aim for the creation and facilitation of a positive and rewarding environment where male and female students acquire knowledge about gender equality in the workplace and subsequently develop a passion in the support of gender equal in everyday life. Ultimately, we want to equip and empower women with the confidence to achieve personal goals in their professional and personal life.
Each Executive position is different and of course, the responsibilities that come with it also differs. More information regarding each role will be updated on here shortly.
What we are looking for
- Determined and hardworking individuals
- Shares the same vision of what WiB stands for
- Interested in long-term contribution to the society
- Down-to-earth personality and ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to attend the majority of WiB’s events over the year
- Skilled in any of the following: event planning, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, content creation, social media accounts’ maintenance (it is not compulsory but recommended)
- Ability and willingness to commit a minimum of two hours per week to the society when required (often fluctuates; from non-commitment to full commitment weeks)
- Improve your teamwork skills
- Gain a backstage insight into how student societies are run
- Meet a bunch of like-minded individuals
- Networking across the university student representative body
- Add personality to your resume
- Executive and subcommittee invitations to exclusive campus events
Our executive applications are open to member students from all disciplines, backgrounds and years. They will run twice a year, at the end of the Autumn and Spring semesters.
Interested applicant will be asked to nominate and submit their interest forward. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. If you fail to receive such an email, please re-submit your interest.
Applicants must attend the corresponding Annual General Meeting and at the event, every applicant will receive a chance to deliver a short two-minute speech which traditionally covers an individual’s personal experience with proposed actions and strategies to implement for WIB. Subsequently, a voting with all the attending members will take place. All members of WIB are welcome to attend the meeting in order to vote.